Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q: How long has Tutor Scholar been in operation?
A: We have been in operation since 2015.
2. Q: Will it be the same tutor every time?
A: Yes, it will be the same tutor unless circumstances change, at which time we would assign another tutor.
3. Q: Are the tutors certified teachers?
A: Our tutors are not necessarily certified teachers. We require that our tutors have went through the Canadian curriculum, have at least a Bachelor's degree from a post-secondary institution in the subject matter they are tutoring and have at least 2 years of tutoring experience.
4. Q: Do the tutors have Vulnerable Sector Checks/Screens since they may be tutoring minors?
A: Yes, all of our tutors have obtained Vulnerable Sector Checks/Screens in which their records do not indicate any offences.
5. Q: How soon can I get a tutor?
A: We require at least 48 hours notice.
6. Q: How soon after I make a payment can I get a tutor?
A: After you make a payment, we require at least 48 hours before we can assign a tutor.
7. Q: What are the tutoring hours of operation?
A: Our tutoring hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 4:00pm to 10:00pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00am to 10:00pm. Hours may be flexible.
8. Q: After I book a Session Package, if I want to subtract or add more tutoring sessions per week, can I do so?
A: Yes, you can. The number of sessions completed per week will be rate adjusted based on the rate for the Session Package with the corresponding hours completed for that week. If you would like to add more tutoring sessions in a week, the cost would be at the same rate of the current Session Package.
9. Q: Can I change the Session Package after my current Session Package finishes?
A: Yes, you can book any Session Package you like.
10. Q: How is payment taken?
A: We take credit card over-the-phone (3.50% fee), credit card online-via-PayPal (3.50% fee) or PayPal (3.50% fee). We do not accept cash or e-transfer payment.
11. Q: If I am not satisfied with the tutor, will the tutor be changed?
A: If you are not satisfied with the tutor, we will change the tutor.
12. Q: What is your refund policy?
A: For payments made via Credit Card or PayPal, the fee of (3.50%) is non-refundable. Administration fees are non-refundable. Online Credit Courses are non-refundable. Deposits are non-refundable. All Session Packages are non-refundable.
13. Q: What is the protocol if either the student or tutor cannot make the session due to illness or inclement weather?
A: If a session needs to be cancelled due to illness or inclement weather, the tutor may provide a make-up session in the same or following week, at a day and time that is mutually agreed upon with the client (time permitting).
14. Q: What is your cancellation policy?
A: We require 48 hours notice for a cancellation prior to the time of the tutoring session, otherwise we will have to charge for the full amount of the scheduled session. A maximum of 2 cancelled sessions in which 48 hours notice was provided will be allowed for the school year. If after 15 minutes from the start of the first tutoring session for the day, the student has not shown up, the session and any subsequent sessions for that day will be deemed cancelled and 100% chargeable. If a session falls on a holiday, our tutor has the right to take the day off and the session will be 100% chargeable.